Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Rylan


Dear Rylan,

People always told me that my life would change when I had children of my own. That, although I have loved other peoples children, that my own would be very different. I could have never imagined the depth of this love until the first moment I heard your first cry. I wasn't able to hold you because of surgery, and spent hours in recovery waiting for that moment. When that moment came I knew I finally learned what love was. You changed Mommy and Daddy's life instantly.

I can't believe that day was three years ago. That now you are here walking, talking, and going to preschool. I love that you say "I love you" all the time, and that you always say "please" and "Thank you". I love to smell your hair after it has just been washed, and see the smile on your face when you see the ocean. I love that you know what you want and when you want it, even if it is a bit frustrating at times. I love that you like to hold your baby sister, and that she is the first thing you ask about each morning. I love that you still turn to me first when you are hurting, or need a hug. 

Even though time has flew, and we are now starting school days, and ending play group days, I feel like it was just yesterday you were my little baby. I still remember how you felt the first time you kicked me when in my belly, and the first time you smiled at me in delight. I can't imagine a day in my life I will forget such important things even though you will. I want you to know that no matter where I am in life, and no matter how old you are, you will always be my baby boy, and I will always "love you through and through" (your favorite book since you were 1 yrs old). 

I look forward to watching you grow, and re-reading this little note when you are thirty, remembering it being just yesterday you turned three. I can only hope you someday will have children of your own, so that you too can know what true love is.

I love you bo bo's!

Love Mommy

No comments: