Friday, July 17, 2009

Melody


My Dearest Melody,

As I watch the days get crossed off the calendar, I find it hard to believe that you are three years old.  I can remember so clearly the day we went into the hospital to become a family. You are the best parts of me, the best parts of your Dad, and I am truly blessed and honored to watch you grow into the beautiful woman you are destined to become.  Your strengths will be your humor, your ability to have fun, your intelligence, your empathic nature, your persistence, your love for people, and your charm.  Your challenges will be your temper, your fiery personality, your stubbornness and your need to do things only your own way.  Please learn to use all of these characteristics to better yourself and those around you, as they can all be used for good things.  You make everyone around you feel loved and special.  Hold true to what you believe to be right, stand by your friends and family, and continue to sing.

Remember, always, that I love you more than you will ever know.  Happy Birthday Sugarplum!

Mommy

No comments: