Dear Anthony Joseph,
From the day I first held you in my arms, I knew my life was going to be different. Being a new mom was going to mean sleepless nights, constantly changing diapers, and worrying all the time about my baby. Yes, motherhood certainly brought forth those attributes in the beginning, but you have changed my life in so many more ways. Because of you I have become a better person. I realize a new life is a gift from God and a promise of the future. You have made me a more humble person who is able to carry out God’s work by serving others. Being a mom has unveiled to me that all human existence is valuable and that everyone needs to be loved and cared for in order to grow and flourish.
Before the day your baby brother Marco arrived, I couldn’t imagine sharing the love I had for you with him. But how wrong I was! My love doubled and multiplied! Your brother has been an extension of our family and our love to one another. You are a wonderful big brother and I can’t wait to see the both of you become the best of friends!
Now that you are three years old, you have grown up so much. The new skills and abilities you possess have prepared you to go to pre-school in the fall. I am going to miss you during the day, but know you are going to learn so much. Remember you and Mommy are going through this together, and I will be there every step of the way.
I know that there are days when you and Marco are very needy of my time and energy. However, those days are few in numbers compared to the days I am able to snuggle with you and watch you grow by being home with you. I have come to the conclusion that although the days may be long at times, the years are short and I treasure every day I am able to spend with you and your brother. I love you both unconditionally and it is a reminder of how God loves every one of us.
Thank you for this incredible blessing!
My love always,
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment