Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Julia And Lillian




Dear Julia and Lillian,

Julia, one beautiful day in May 2006 you jumped into our lives (literally) and you have been a ball full of energy ever since.  God decided to give us another gift 20 months later in February 2008 when you, Lillian, graced our lives with your charisma.  Little did we know at the time how much the blessing of you two would change our lives.  You made us parents and together we all helped each other learn and grow these past years.  We have tried to show you both how much we adore you and help you learn about the world around you.  But from you we have received far greater lessons. Dave and I would joke during those many sleepless nights that you two are our little “sanctifiers”.   But in all seriousness, through you God has brought us closer together as husband and wife, made us stronger and more efficient, made us more selfless and caring, and shown us a greater purpose in life.  In Matthew 19:14 Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.”  You have shown us how God wants us to be and how he wants us to look at the world and all the people in it.  You are so loving and accepting of everyone and especially each other.  Our hearts fill with joy when we see you playing together and no one can make Lillian laugh the way you can Julia!    

I wish I could videotape you every day to capture every moment because you are growing and changing so fast.  It makes me sad because we enjoy you both so much at this stage, but at the same time I am excited to watch you grow and see the people you will become.  If I were to take a snapshot of you, Julia, today, I would say that your distinguishing features are your take-charge attitude, fantastic sense of humor (Julia quote: “Excuse me, did I just say fantastic?”), passion of learning, remarkable vocabulary, your love of your friends and family (which you proudly profess on an almost daily basis), huge smile, big beautiful dark brown eyes, and your long curly naturally-highlighted hair.  Lillian, your distinguishing features are your incredible courage and confidence (you’re our little explorer and nothing - except Elmo - seems to frighten you), ability to make people laugh, kindness towards others, love of your sister and other children, fondness of dancing and singing, big affectionate long hugs, beautiful dimpled smile, and your perfect sun-kissed-brown curls.  

My prayer for you both is that you never let go of your innocence and never stop seeking the truth in everything in life.  I love you for being you.  You are God’s eternal souls and I’m so blessed to have the honor of sharing your lives with you.

Love, Mom

No comments: